With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
All Hybrid Fan Pin Headers
• All Hybrid Fan Headers can automatically detect the type of cooling device whether it be fan or pump with different PWM or Voltage mode.
• Supports up to 2 amps with built-in overcurrent protection—a must for high-end high current fans.
New Smart Fan 5 Software
Interoperable Sensors and Fans
Each fan can be customized to operate at different speeds according to any defined temperature source input (except the CPU fan).
Customize fan curves based on specific temperatures with the intuitive graphical UI.
Choose from different modes, Quiet to Full Speed, to match your system usage scenario. For each fan or pump, you can use the intuitive fan curve to define trigger thresholds and corresponding fan speeds.
Enhanced BIOS Interface
The enhanced BIOS interface also has the advanced features seen in the Smart Fan 5 UI, such as: the ability to set triggers based on different temperature sensors on the board, fan curve definition and the temperature interval setting, which can prevent fan rotation noise caused by sudden temperature change—all without having to load Windows.
Support for 7th and 6th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors/ Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/ Intel® Pentium®processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package
L3 cache varies with CPU
4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR4 2400* / 2133 MHz memory modules
* To support 2400 MHz or XMP memory, you must install a 7th generation processor.
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
Realtek® ALC892 codec
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out
Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)